|About Us||Accelerated Reader List||Daily Schedule||Faculty & Staff|
|Home||LCPS Home Page||Lunch Menu||Student Resources|
|Student/Parent Handbook||Teacher Resources||Teacher of the Year||Teacher Websites|
Parent Guidelines for Dropping off /Picking up Children
Parents who drive their children to school can drop them off in the front driveway or behind the school. Do not park or delay traffic in the fire lane. When it is necessary to park or leave your vehicle for any reason, select any available parking space in the front of the campus. Car traffic in the rear driveway is limited to a 7 mile per hour speed limit. All exterior doors on the rear driveway side of the buildings will be locked at all times. Remember to caution your children about the need for following school rules to help insure their safety and the safety of others. Supervision and direction will help insure everyone remains safe and accounted for. Safety is one of our primary concerns.
Parents are encouraged to drop off their children in the front of the main building in the mornings. However in special situations only such as Breakfast for parents and ceremonies, parents are then asked to drive along the right side of the school and park on the outside of the fenced area of the baseball field away from the bus and student areas. Parents are discouraged from parking on the sides of the building due to fire and safety issues. Parents are also discouraged from walking their children who are in grades 2 through 5 to class.
Students in these grades are developing skills in self-reliance and making their way to class independently helps to develop that skill.
For all parents, Grades K-5, please remember:
· All parents must sign in and wear visitor badges while in the building for any reason.
· Students are no permitted on campus prior to 7:45 each morning. Staff members are not available to supervise the students prior to this time.
· All students who are car riders must be picked up in the car rider line. Due to safety issues students will not be released to walk to the front of the school without a staff member escorting them.
· Students are not allowed to ride home with another student unless a note is sent in advance and signed by the parents.
· Between 7:55 a.m. and 8:05 a.m., teachers are readying children for the start of instruction. Parents should not linger in the classroom after dropping children off.
· Arrival and dismissal times are not appropriate times for parent/teacher conferences. The school system considers the time immediately before and after school to be teacher planning and preparation time. Please contact your child's teacher to schedule a conference at a more appropriate time.
No students will be called from class after 2:30 to leave school early unless the school has been notified earlier. Exceptions to this policy will be made for the following reasons: